Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dear Kingston,

Dear Kingston,

I haven't met you yet. I am 39 weeks + 2 days pregnant with you. I did something similar for your brother - Writing you before I even had a chance to meet - and figured I would carry on the tradition. You have been a whole different cup of tea in terms of pregnancy then your brother was. Not to say he didn't provide his difficulties, but you my little man, wanted your presence to be known from the get go and always made sure you weren't too far off in my thoughts with your insistence of  kicking, flipping, squirming, and rolling. And this last month... Wow, you stepped up your game. With that being said I am really ready for your appearance. Yes, the introduction to your letter probably isn't as sentimental and sappy as your  brother's was. But something your father and I have learned is that there is a difference between facing parenthood for the first time and going at it a second time.

It's hard to believe we are about to start this new journey, your big brother will be roughly just 21 months old when you are born. I am excited to see the bond that you two develop over time. My hope is that in your brother you find your best friend. Someone to weather the storm with, someone to share secrets with, someone to share laughs with... He is too young to understand right now that you are about to enter his life, but I already know that he will love you instantly.

Your dad and I are already smitten with the thought of you.... Scared, but smitten all the same. We are so excited to meet you, to add you to our family, and you don't know how many people are out there that are anxiously waiting for your arrival!

Just as I did with your brother you are a constant in my daily prayers. Prayers of guidance, strength, and abundant love for you my child. Prayers that we raise you boys with the care and thoughtfulness that you deserve. Prayers that when we mess up and make mistakes we are still able to use it to teach you, and that you will have the open heart to listen and take in what it is that we teach. We hope and pray that we make you as proud as you make us. I pray that I do my due diligence in recognizing at all times that although you are close in age to your brother, that you are your own individual and to treat you as such at all times.

My promise to you is that I will always be there for you, that we will always be there for you. To hold on tight when you want us to, and to let you go when you need us to. All any parent can hope for is to always show a outpouring of love with a open mind and a kind heart and that it reflects in their children as they grow.

Soon our family of 3 will become a family of 4... and you are by far the most amazing Christmas present any of us could ask for. We love you with every fiber of our being Kingston... and we are so ready to meet you!

Your mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment