Monday, September 10, 2012

12 weeks and Other Changes

I find it super crazy that I am a mere 2 weeks away from my second trimester. I found out at 4 weeks, so we've had a good 2 months to adjust. Days are going by so much more quickly it seems. We are just a few days away from our first ultrasound which I couldn't be more excited about.

The not so fun symptoms are beginning to taper off, that mainly being the fatigue. It's great not to need a nap every single day let me tell you. My appetite is still pretty standard, no weird cravings or anything. Unfortunately my blackboard shattered so I am either going to have to find a new way to track or make buy another chalkboard (I don't really have it in me to go through the process of making it again)


In other news... I feel I should share this, probably because it's been stirring in my mind for the last week. I visited a new church last Sunday for the first time in probably well over 6 years. I wish I could explain the urgency that I feel towards finding a church home, it really hadn't been a big concern until recently. My soul is kind of on fire - mostly I believe it's because of this little baby growing inside of me. Hearing the heartbeat only increased my need to satisfy a spiritual thirst. It's been so long since I have cared this sincerely about my faith, I had abandoned the organized religion some time ago. I find it a struggle to find a church home that accepts my more liberal standings, i.e. being pro-choice and being for marriage equality. [[This was one of the main reasons I abandoned the church scene in the first place.]] I've caught myself listening to KLOVE or spotifying contemporary Christian music, researching different Bible studies I could start, and looking at churches in the area. To a degree I am excited about dipping my toe back into old stomping ground, but I also know there was a reason I left in the first place and I can't help but question, can I find a church that is willing to accept my views even if they aren't their own? 

I've never abandoned my faith in God, I abandoned my faith in many of his people though. When I started taking the Bible as more of guidance to good morals and ethics and not a book of necessarily exact events I knew I would be an outcast. I don't know if I can worship next to those who don't understand where I am coming from. I have felt alone for so long religiously. 

Truth is I have never questioned the existence of God, but hearing that heartbeat for the first time brought God knocking on a door that has been shut for quite some time.... and I think it's about time to let Him back in and give Him the reigns.



No comments:

Post a Comment