Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baby Registry Mayhem.

Who knew that a baby would require this much stuff? Seriously. Have you seen the babyrus suggested checklist? It's kind of absurd, and by kinda I mean really absurd. Holy smokes! I get a headache the second I log on to start working on it and immediately log off, or I start but get overwhelmed in 5 minutes change my mind on everything and delete everything on my registry and then log off. Needless to say I am getting no where fast.

I am pretty certain the direction I am going in terms of the nursery. Nursery colors will be yellow, gray, and white (ha.... just so happens to be the same coloring of my blog apparently) and the theme is going to either be owls or airplanes. I am leaning towards owls... mainly because I have a weird fascination with owls. Don't ask, I don't know why - I just love the damn things.

I thought with a general direction of the nursery all this registry jazz would be a piece of cake. Ha. Yeah. What a piece of cake it has become. I've convinced Mr. W that we are going to actually go to Baby'r'us on Friday evening and do it in the store - I am hoping that it makes it easier to have the items all in front of me instead of having a endless selection via the interwebs.

One baby item that I didn't have to stress over. My beloved snoogle. I got it on sale for just under $45. Yes it takes up 3/4 of the bed and Mr. W complains about not being able to get within 6 inches of me thanks to the border that now divides he and I in the bed... But it keeps me on my left side pretty comfortably for the most part. I wake up annoyed every now and then... my body is pissed at me for not letting it even try to sleep on my back and I still have to swing my leg back over one of my husband's legs - I am sure he had finally escaped the one leg drape that I automatically do the second I get into bed, but alas, even though it isn't horribly comfortable I still do it automatically.
If you're knocked up I fully endorse one of these bad boys.

So yeah, that is my baby registry vent at the moment. I am so worn out but look forward to it maybe being a little easier actually going to the store and doing it with the husbands help. If not I am considering letting someone else make one for me. Anyone up to the task? ... Anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling, only because I understand. I actually had one of my girlfriends go with me to babies r us two times to help with the registry. Its like a new world in that store. I'd recommend going with a woman who has children and can explain what all that stuff is.

    ReplyDelete