Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 23

Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone sadly. We had a great time with family and friends and Mr. W clocked in a ridiculous amount of hours working Black Friday. We even went out Saturday night, however in the venture I was clearly made aware of that times have changed for me drastically in just 5 1/2 months. We went out with friends and then had a late night visit at iHop. I am fine with admitting that I think that is my last out and about night like that for a very long time... 2 days later and I am still feeling the effects of that decision. Although it was fun it's pretty obvious that I am just in a different place in my life. Preparing for motherhood started the day I found out I was pregnant, I'm harboring this human being as it develops and grows preparing for life on the outside. I can't over stress, over exhaust, or overwhelm.

I got word one of my really great girlfriends Tiffany is expecting baby #2 just about 4 months after our little one makes his debut. I swear, there is something in the water here it seems because I know so many ladies expecting right now. I'm so happy to be sharing this experience with some of my closest friends.

Someone said I seemed to have "popped" this week - which I came to find out means that I officially look pregnant and my baby bump has really made it's debut. Funny cause I thought it had done that 5 weeks ago or so... but I guess it's much more pronounced now - I guess you can be the judge of that.

Sadly our ultrasound has gotten pushed, apparently there are no ultrasound technicians on staff for Wednesday (which is when I was originally scheduled) and they had to reschedule. Sad panda. Originally they tried to schedule me for the 6th in the afternoon but I have a OB GYN appointment that morning for my 6 month check up so I had to call and reschedule it yet again and now we have 2 weeks to wait. It will be worth the wait though I know it.


How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain: 15.2lb.
Maternity clothes? I have ONE pair of maternity jeans so sue me. 
Stretch marks? Nope! :)
Sleep: I have a hard time going to sleep early and so I know I am not getting the amount of sleep I should have. Naps are my friend.
Best moment last week: Shopping for baby clothes.
Movement: RJ kicks me on a pretty constant basis, especially in the mornings and at night when I am trying to go to sleep - He must think the stillness means playtime for him.
Food cravings: Anything spicy... that isn't really a craving though I just love spicy food and thankfully I haven't had to deal with any heartburn.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No.
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Feeling my little one squirming around and severe lower back pain.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most the time? Oh so happy && content.
Looking forward to: Feeling and SEEING even more movement.

1 comment: