Friday, August 2, 2013

Gym Class Hero - Week 1

OK so I have avoided every giving completely factual numbers when it comes to my weight gains and losses. I think even when doing my weekly pregnancy updates I would fudge numbers here and there and round. I've always been pretty self conscious about my weight and it was hard for me to see the pounds pack on. But in order to be held accountable I figure a more honest approach will help achieve my goal best.

I gained roughly 60 pounds during my pregnancy. Yes the truth is out. I lost 47 of that within 2 weeks of having my little man.

As a friend, Lindsay Fogarty, reminded me not that long ago - It took 10 months to get my body to weigh it was when I had Raiden so why would I expect it to snap back to normal overnight? I wish it did but I have a couple things working against me - I don't have a teenage metabolism anymore and I don't always have time to cook an extremely healthy meal. Me personally, I am the type of individual who needs something that can hold me accountable, it usually is my husband but he is working 70+ hours a week currently and our gym dates have been interfered with by work and you know this little baby of ours. So after some thought I decided to sign up for Weight Watchers to help me with staying on track with what I eat on a daily basis.

Last Saturday I weighed in at 199lb. I weighed in today and am now at 195.4lb. It's a start.

My June 2012 weight was 180 lb. so that is my first goal is to get back to where I was then.

My second goal will be to lose an additional 25 pounds and ultimately weigh in at 155 pounds and to bring my BMI down from 27 to 22.

My third goal is to start participating in community runs next Spring.

So here we go. The first of many posts hopefully sharing my triumphs week to week!

Starting Weight: 199
Current Weight: 195.4 
Progress: 3.6lb down
Current Goal: 180
15.4 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment