Tuesday, March 5, 2013

37 Weeks! Full term baby!

There is light at the end of the tunnel! With week 37 here it means that Baby W is considered full term, meaning if Baby W was to want to make his appearance now they wouldn't stop my labor and the chances are high that his lungs are fully developed and will adjust well to life outside the womb. Hard to believe we are at that point already. As much as I have tried to continue to stay upbeat and positive I have to admit that I am getting a little tired of being pregnant, or at least tired of some of the symptoms that seem to plague me. My hips are hurting more and more each day, I swear if I didn't know better I would have thought that I pulled a groin muscle. My right bottom rib aches pretty much on a constant basis. And I get up 2 - 4 times a night to visit the bathroom. All in all I got off pretty easy, I know I could feel miserable and be dealing with a plethora of other symptoms that I have luckily avoided like the severe morning sickness and hemorrhoids so I really shouldn't be complaining. However, at this point I can't imagine getting any bigger then I already have... I feel like my tummy is at maximum capacity.

I had a prenatal massage today. Oh. My. Gosh. Simply heaven, if only for the mere fact I got to lay on my stomach thanks to the special bed pillow they use for us knocked up gals. It was an hour of pure bliss, unfortunately the second I stood up from my massage my body made it perfectly clear that 'Hey, you're 9 months pregnant you didn't think that the relaxation and comfort was going to last past this comfy bed, oils, and unnecessarily calming music that almost made you fall asleep did you!? Hahaha...' Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what my body said to me. But hey... for 60 undisturbed minutes I was happy as a clam. I was also dangerously close to committing a crime and stealing the pregnancy pillow that was applied to the bed that allowed me to lay on my tummy, but I figure I don't want to deliver my baby in the clank so I left the pillow there.




How far along are you? 37 weeks!
Total weight gain? 33lb.
Maternity Clothes? Still sporting the same gear.
Stretch Marks? Just the 2. Dammit. Still slathering on lotion at a ridiculous pace to prevent them getting bigger or getting more heaven forbid!
Sleep: I am waking up 2 - 4 times a night to pee, and I usually take those opportunities to lay back down on alternate sides. I am waking up with pretty severe hip pain now though.
Best Moment Last Week? Our birth month got here!!
Movement: Constant.
Food Craving: Same.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Labor signs? Apparently my hip/groin pain is signs that Baby W is getting into position and I am having sporadic light contractions.
Symptoms? Exhaustion and a lot of "down there" pressure.
Belly button in or out? flat.
Wedding Ring on or off? It could be on but just to be safe I wear it around my neck now.
Most common emotion? Impatient for his arrival.
Looking forward to? Thursday. Here is hoping I am further dilated! It's Operation Get this Baby Out time now!

20 Days till our Due Date / Induction Date!

No comments:

Post a Comment