Monday, March 11, 2013

38.

Week 38!

Can anyone really believe we are nearing the end of this journey? That technically I could go in to labor ANY MINUTE!? I sure as hell can't! It feels like this pregnancy has flown by, at least the last trimester - which I am thankful for because it really is true what they say... the third trimester is by far the roughest. Don't get me wrong compared to many women out there my pregnancy has still been pretty Easy Street Ville, but that doesn't hinder the fact that I am pretty uncomfortable. What has taken the biggest beating? My bladder! As Baby W continues his decent into the pelvic region this little guy has added extra pressure to everything down there. I can't stand or walk without the need to know where the nearest lady's room is. That has by far been the most frustrating and uncomfortable of all that I have faced during this pregnancy. I have no tolerance for it. So it's been suggested that I get a lot more rest, lay down more and get pressure off my lady bits for some relief which I gladly do.

In other news we are 2 days away from our 38 week doctor visit, unfortunately my doctor is out of town however his nurse practitioner will be seeing me and doing a membrane sweep to try to induce labor. I didn't even know what a membrane sweep was until I was in my third trimester and googled 'inducing labor' and it was one of the many things that popped up. Membrane sweeps are performed by your doctor (or in this case my nurse practitioner) during an internal examination, they sweep their finger around your cervix which separates the membranes of the amniotic sac surrounding the baby from the cervix which releases a hormone that can induce labor. Membrane sweeps don't always work but they do have the potential to. I have my fingers crossed that this sweep or the one at 39 weeks is effective because as we all know I don't want to be induced with pitocin on my due date! I'm also trying to walk more, bounce on a yoga ball... and whatever else is suggested that could help Baby W decide to make his appearance early, but I know he is stubborn like his mama and will come whenever he is good and ready and there isn't much I can do to sway him otherwise.

Speaking of being stubborn, I think my hormones might be getting the better of me. I'm learning that at this present time, when it comes to my child... boy oh boy can I hold a grudge like nobody's business. If you've been MIA pretty much my entire pregnancy don't expect me to go out of my way to make you feel involved or to really discuss anything regarding my pregnancy or little family with you, "family," friend, or acquaintance. If you've made no attempt to be involved don't expect me to give you the courtesy of trying to involve you.

I forgot to take a picture today but I will post a quick one in the AM at some point. Is it crazy to think about how this could very well be my last baby bump picture!? On one hand it will be weird to have my stomach begin shrinking back down but on the other I am SO ready to be able to get out of bed without it feeling like a physical chore.

38 weeks 1 day



How far along are you? 38 Weeks!
Total weight gain? 33lb.
Maternity Clothes? Still sporting the same gear.
Stretch Marks? Has stayed the same.
Sleep: Pretty much the same as last week.
Best Moment Last Week? Getting to full term!
Movement: More defined, just cause he is running out of room I can feel every little movement.
Food Craving: Same.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Labor signs? He is moving lower into my pelvis. Contractions aren't really happening much.
Symptoms? Having to pee every 15 minutes. Yeah... It's super.
Belly button in or out? flat.
Wedding Ring on or off? I can still put it on but I am keeping it around my neck still in case of sudden swelling.
Most common emotion? Excited.
Looking forward to? Hopefully having this membrane sweep work in a couple days!

Baby W is the size of a Pumpkin!

Due Date Countdown : 13 days!!!


1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and it's so weird that this baby could come any day. Every plan I make is tentative and qualified with "as long as I'm not in labor." You're looking great! Hang in there, we'll have our kiddos any day now.

    ReplyDelete