Friday, March 22, 2013

Dear Son,

Dear Son,

I am mere days from meeting you yet I know you so personally, so intimately, holding you for the first time will be as though I am gaining a piece of my that I never knew I was missing. I will cradle you in my arms, sun up and sun down and provide everything I humanly can. We loved you before we knew you even existed, and we have talked to you daily, your daddy gives you kisses on my tummy. We've treated this gift with such care as you grow everyday. It all seemed so surreal to us at first, but as we had our first ultrasound, got to feel the first kick, and then got to physically see you moving within my womb you've become more and more real to us, and now we have just a matter of days before you are in our arms and we start this whole new journey as a family of 3.

I pray for guidance, guidance on raising you to be a good man. You will grow and we will teach to the best of our abilities. We will make mistakes as will you. We will fight and not see eye to eye. You will think you hate us at times, and sometimes we will be so frustrated with you that we won't be able to stand it. I will cry... Lord knows I will cry. I will cry the first time I lay eyes on you, I will cry the first time I see you in pain, I will cry when I can't figure out why you won't quit crying, I will cry your first day of school and your last day of school. I will cry the day you meet "the girl" and will cry when you take her hand in marriage. We will be here to talk to you about life, to cheer you on in the stands, to give a shoulder to cry on, to give a hand to help you up, to give you an ear to listen, to give you advice to take.

I hope and pray that we are able to raise you into a man just as great as your daddy and I hope that you never doubt our unconditional and steadfast love that we have had for you since the moment we knew of your existence. We love you a million times over & we can't wait to meet you.

Your mom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a baby boy in May and reading this just brought tears to my eyes as I thought about him!!! :) Blessings to you on your delivery!

    ReplyDelete