Thursday, December 6, 2012

6 months and a Bag of Chips.

I had my 6 month doctor appointment this morning, I am both excited and terrified to be on the downhill side of this pregnancy. Mr. W & I have 4 months to prepare the best way we know how to be parents, to be responsible for the growth of another human being. No pressure or anything.

My scale at home reads differently then the one at the doctor office, and although I accept and understand that weight gain is just something that happens in pregnancy, it doesn't make it any easier to see those numbers just keep getting higher. I was mortified at the scale at the doctor's office, I am pretty sure my face showed that cause the nurse just smiled sweetly. When I saw the doctor he said I had gained the ideal amount of weight... but that didn't dissolve the mortified expression on my face. People say I look great, people say I look like I have a soccer ball under my shirt... You know what I feel like currently?
And with 4 months to go I am nervously anticipating the continuous growth of my belly and my booty. 6 months ago I guess I was comparable to maybe JLo territory for the booty-watch, but I think be the end of month 6 I should be sliding into Beyonce territory and well on my way to Kardashian. 

Other then the horror of the scales my doctor appointment went smoothly, my stomach is measuring perfectly and the baby has a strong heartbeat of 144 beats per minute. It is funny how easy it is to hear and locate now... Gone are the days of running the fetal heart doppler over my tummy for 15 minutes to finally find his faint heartbeat as he swam from one side to the other. No, no, no... nurse found him within a minute today and it was so loud she turned down the speaker.

I have my ultrasound with the high risk doctor on Monday afternoon... getting verification that Baby W has male equipment. I am excited to see how much he as grown. I also got my gestational diabetes test scheduled for the week after. I've already been warned that the only flavor of drink my doctor offers during the test is orange... I have heard fruit punch is better but looks like I don't have that option. For those not sure of what the gestation diabetes test is.... It lasts for about an hour - You go in having had no sugar before hand and you have to drink a small bottle of dreadfully sweet concoction and then sit for an hour, an hour later you have your blood drawn. This is done to see how your body breaks down sugar at the moment. Pregnancy hormones can block insulin from doing what it does... when that happens glucose levels may increase in the blood.

My 7th month check up is on my birthday and I am anxious to have the day off and to sleep most of it away... Gone are the days of meeting everyone at a local pub for some beer and bad karaoke. No... I will settle with take out and a good movie snuggled up on the couch thanks.

During all these check ups, ultrasounds, and diabetes tests, we are also in the process of getting our life of 5+ years at the apartment complex we have lived at boxed up, thrown out, or stored as we move into a house with a roommate... for our circumstances and our impending move outside of this area for Mr. W's job we decided leaving the price gouging apartment rentals in this area and going to a more month to month basis would fit our needs better. So needless to say our December is crazy busy. This weekend I am going to start the task of boxing up and getting thinks packed.

So that is where we are at currently. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment