Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 26

Another week has come and gone, Week 26 is here and we have just 14 weeks to go. I have conquered the dizziness it seems... Thankfully! More friends who saw me this week declared that I have indeed popped... There is no hiding this baby bump no matter what tricks I try to pull, but then again I don't want to hide it... I am going through a world of change and I have earned this baby bump. So I am sporting it with pride and the biggest smile imaginable. 

I have a tendency to play this mean joke to strangers, when asking if I am pregnant I look horrified and say no. I know its a horribly mean thing to do to people and I promised after yesterday I wasn't going to do it anymore. It was fun while it lasted but at this point I don't think many people would believe me anyways with the rate that this tummy is growing.

And lastly lets discuss my pet peeve: People touching my stomach. I sincerely can't stand it. I have issues with people touching me regardless of pregnancy or not. I cringe when my back or shoulders are touched, generally the only thing that I can stand are casual hugs. I guess people feel like my dislike of the touching is funny however it sincerely upsets me to have a person invade my personal space without asking me before hand. My general rule of thumb is that if you didn't help put it in there your hands have no business on my person and no one should be surprised if I voice my frustration.

Nursery update: No update to really report. I still can't finalize a theme or color thanks to being one of the most indecisive people on the face of the planet. Urgh. I am setting a Sunday deadline for myself though just for my own sanity, I've been overthinking it. 

Baby Shower update: My sister and a couple friends are hosting a shower for me, let's hope it is better then the disastrous turnout for my before Jamaica party... cause that was pretty devastating to my ego. I am getting the guest list to my sister this week and the rest is in their capable hands.

Well I am off now... Did this all on my lunch break! Adios!

PS - Oh and a BIG congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Daniel & Amanda Fife for the welcoming of their precious little boy Nolan this afternoon! It is such a crazy thing to look back at our childhood, our friendship, our marriages, and now here we both are becoming mothers to adorable little boys. Where has the time gone!? So happy for Daniel & Amanda.


How far along are you? 26 weeks today!
Total weight gain? I had just had lunch when I weighed myself fully dressed... 20lb.
Maternity Clothes? Still wearing yoga pants on a near daily basis and I have been able to avoid maternity tops still.
Stretch Marks? Still going solid without a stretch mark. Let's hope that trend continues!
Sleep: Once I get to sleep I am good, except for having to get up 1 or 2 times a night to visit the lady's room.
Best Moment Last Week? Had our ultrasound last Monday. It was great seeing how much Baby W had grown.
Movement: Still not constant. But there's a period of movement every late morning, mid afternoon, and before bed.
Food Craving: Chips and salsa.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nopers.
Labor signs? I have experienced the joys of a braxton hicks contraction a couple times. That is all though.
Symptoms? Lower back pain, growing tummy, restlessness.
Belly button in or out? Innie.
Wedding Ring on or off? On.
Most common emotion? This last week I've been feeling anxious, I blame all the upcoming changes and people around me... reverting back to the whole people invading personal space and what not.
Looking forward to? Friday is my last day before some much needed vacation time!

1 comment: