Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 35 & A case of the Mondays

Week 35 is upon us, meaning we are just 14 days away from being considered full term, and 34 days away from our estimated due date. Its so crazy to think that in a months time I could very well be holding my son! What, what!?

My doctors appointment last week told us that my blood pressure has spiked a bit and it is something we need to keep an eye on. I am suppose to take it easy even more so and not do so much walking or using lots of energy and rest more. I already rest a ridiculous amount so the thought of laying around doing nothing even more so then I am now!? Ugh. However I am fortunate enough that they didn't demand bed rest of anything so I should be thanking my lucky stars.

We went with my father in law this weekend and picked out our crib and crib mattress... we should be receiving it this week. Still contemplating about rather or not we will set it up right away or not. We didn't go all crazy, nothing fancy. Just a simple understated white crib. Perfect to go with our bright bold colors. It was good to check those off of our To Do List, which FYI is not nearly as daunting as I had originally thought it would be. I made out my list last Friday because I felt so overwhelmed by what I thought we had left to do. But in all honesty once I got it down on paper it wasn't nearly as long as I had anticipated it to be. It all fit on a single page for instance.

This is the crib but in natural wood, the picture of it in white was too difficult to see.


In other news have I mentioned how stocked we are on 0 - 3 month clothes? Seriously... this kid is going to have 4 different outfits a day for 3 months without repeating. It's crazy! And trying to choose a take home outfit for him has become my most recent challenge, I think I have it down to 3, however with a month to go that could easily grow and change. Yay for indecisiveness!!

It's only 7AM on Monday morning and I can already tell you it's going to be one of those days. As the weeks progress I am more and more ready to let my body have some time off before the baby get's here but unfortunately I don't think that is going to be much of an option in the coming weeks other then weekends. I think the next 2 - 5 weekends are going to entail me locking myself up in my room sleeping watching Netflix and not doing much of anything and enjoying my last days of solidarity... something I feel like I am going to miss and not get much of after d-day.

35weeks0days



How far along are you? 35 weeks!
Total weight gain? Still at 31 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Still wearing the same things as always.
Stretch Marks? Not any more thankfully. Lathering on lotion like it's going out of style!
Sleep: Actually other then waking up once to go to the bathroom I am sleeping pretty sound this last week.
Best Moment Last Week? Buying the crib. Made it that more real.
Movement: Constant.
Food Craving: Same.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Labor signs? Nada.
Symptoms? Rib discomfort continues. Have some high blood pressure. And exhaustion... major exhaustion.
Belly button in or out? It's not in, but it's not out either. I would say it's flat.
Wedding Ring on or off? On.
Most common emotion? Tired
Looking forward to? Our crib actually arriving.

2 comments:

  1. I'd put everything together that you will use in the first three months before the baby is here. You both will be so exhausted and busy you will not want to set anything up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! My little guy has SO many 0-3 month clothes too. I got lucky having a nephew who is 7 months older than my little guy. I swear we'll never have to buy more than the occasional special occasion outfit. So many cute hand-me-downs!

    ReplyDelete