Tuesday, October 16, 2012

17 weeks {and 1 day}

Well hello 17 weeks! Is it just me or is this pregnancy going super fast!? I'm really frustrated that I haven't replaced my chalk board yet and I am already close to being halfway done. But I fully intend on having a new board come gender announcement time!!! Now everyone these days seems to be having gender reveal parties, and I have been asked God only knows how many times, if I am going to have one. The answer is NO. Honestly I think that gender reveal parties are a little extreme and overboard. Granted we will find a cute way to disclose the gender to our close family and friends... but a party!? Seriously? Since when did this become a thing!? Its as absurd to be as the "push present" - oh and if you haven't heard of a push present let me enlighten you... It is a gift your husband is suppose to give you for going through labor and delivery - Weird cause I always thought your BABY is your push present? Don't get me wrong if your significant other wants to give you a small token that is a sweet gesture... but to EXPECT a push present. Come on.

Back to the gender... we are just 9 days away from finding out if we are having a little girl made of sugar & spice && everything nice, or a little boy made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails. Votes are overwhelmingly in the boy favor. There are a few of us team Pink though. Mr. W and I have a bet going, because he is certain that he can't make girls and I think it's a girl, loser takes the other to dinner. So I am open to suggestions for where he should take me to dinner in 9 days! *wink*


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain: 7 pounds. EEK!
Maternity clothes? No, but my jeans are at full capacity so I find myself wearing yoga pants the most.
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: I am having a hard time sleeping on my sides
Best moment last week: Pretty sure I felt my first movement!

Miss Anything? Caffeine lately! With waking up uncomfortable on my sides a lot I could sure use it. Oh and sushi... I've been having spicy California rolls with imitation crab leg as substitute though.
Movement: A little... Pretty sure. Kinda feels swirly and like a popcorn kernel pops in my tummy!
Food cravings: Nope.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating! I left the house this morning and felt like I was going to throw up my stomach was so empty.

Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: My tummy is super itchy.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Excited!
Looking forward to: Our sonogram in just 9 days


No comments:

Post a Comment