Tuesday, October 30, 2012

To my Dearest Husband

Devin,

This time last year we were hours away from pulling off a pretty secret affair that only a few family and friends were aware of. I still don't quite know how I managed to keep it pretty much under wraps with my track history of secrets, but some how we kept it quiet. I found the perfect little white dress weeks earlier with some blue suede heels... I had worked on a button bouquet for weeks on end and it all led up to me curled up on the couch anticipating the next day. Although we intend to celebrate June 7th as our wedding anniversary, October 31st will always hold a dear memory for me as we gathered in a small court house with our parents, siblings, and some close friends and officially exchanged vows to become man and wife.

I wanted to take a minute and thank you for the best year of my life, from marrying me, to our amazing trip to Jamaica, to giving me the greatest blessing yet... the opportunity to be a mother. There is no one in this world I would rather spend my life with. I feel so fortunate to have married my best friend. You're such an amazing individual and I will follow you to the ends of the earth. The life you have given me is more then I could ever ask for and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed, happy, and thankful to call you my husband. I don't know what I did to deserve so much.

I am so excited to start this new chapter in our life, the best part of this whole experience is knowing I get to see you be a dad and how amazing it is going to be, that it will just be me and my boys. So here is to the last year and the lifetime to go hand in hand. I love you, I love you, I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment